Post-Op Instructions for
2. Unsteadiness: expect some. This is transient and should resolve in a few days. If dizziness is severe you should contact my office.
7. Duration: tubes last for 12-18 months on average. Individuals can vary by 6 months on either side of this range.
9. Follow Up: call the office to schedule an appointment in 4 weeks. A hearing test will be repeated at this visit to insure improvement or identify problems.
10. After: the initial follow up visit, patients are seen every 3-6 months until the tubes have extruded, the eardrums are healed and the hearing is normal. Repeat tube placement may be necessary if problems recur.
11. Recovery: Patients may resume a regular diet as soon as they recover from anesthesia. Call for fever in excess of 102 degrees that does not respond to Tylenol.